Monday, March 31, 2008

Fun, but not really

My Tarot card for today:

The World represents the completion of a cycle and the attainment of inner peace and contentment. It is time to celebrate all that you have accomplished and bask in your successes. You have achieved a heightened sense of self awareness and a new appreciation for your surroundings. While this card doesn't rule out discomfort in your life, it does indicate that many of your trials and tribulations will soon be overcome. Everything is finally starting to come together!

Not bad for the last day of March Madness.

There is a part of me that feels like I have come a long way. There is a part of me that feels like there is much to get done. There is a part of me that feels like "everything IS finally starting to come together" but is kind of a boring, everyday life kind of way. And then there is a part of me that just wants to eat a cookie.

Last Friday at work, I started to get really stressed out at work. I left feeling grumpy and emotional. I met up with Dan and his friends to go see a movie called Chapter 27, which is directed and written by one of Dan's friends. After the movie, everyone was going to go out and celebrate and I bailed and went home. There were a few things. I was tired. My feet hurt. My bag weighed 80 pounds. I couldn't drink anyway. Most mostly, the work stress still weighed heavily and I was just feeling anti-social and didn't want to deal with anything. This is the Yvonne of the old, pre-trip days. The un-fun pig. Although I was so relieved to leave and go home and sink into my bed, I felt bad that the old Yvonne was back.

Luckily, it was temporary. It had to be. This weekend was jammed packed with social flurry from Liz's engagement party to brunch with Stacy and Mike to dinner with the Jackson's. By the time I got home Sunday night I realized that I had maybe an hour for myself this entire weekend which I spent exercising. By the time Monday rolled around, I was ready for a new weekend to start. Work wasn't so bad today, and I came home and got a big check in the mail and then I remembered why I work.

In the midst of the social flurry, I am happy to announce that I have a new member in my family. My niece Tiffany and her husband Greg welcomed a baby girl, Audrey Victoria on Friday. Little Dillon, Tiffany's son, fell in love instantly. I am sure I will, too. I can't wait to meet her.



Love at first sight.

No comments: