Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fourth Day Update

Four days in and I am feeling a little cranky.

My body is sore. I feel it in my back and my legs.

I was dismayed to learn this morning that the 6:15 am spin class was filled. I have never seen that happen for a morning gym class before. This new gym on the East Side is just too crowded. Does that I mean I have to get to the gym at 5:30 just to get a bike? Ugh! I ran instead, and it all worked out, but I felt like kicking people on the overcrowded exercise mat during my ab routine.

I come to work and there is a giant jar of Hershey's Kisses sitting on a table in the marketing area. This jar is conveniently located in a place that I walk by anytime I need to walk anywhere. To the printer, to the bathroom, to the copy machine--that table stands in my way. And every time I walk by I have to remind myself, I do not want Hershey's Kisses.

Then I had to conduct a meeting while sitting at said table with said Hershey's Kisses jar inches in front of me. While everyone unwrapped Easter-pastel foil off their chocolates, I pretended to be very interested in what I was talking about. They were more interested in the chocolate.

But I am good, fine.

I am eating well. I am working out. I am writing. I am planning inspiration outings. I am attempting to live the life I want. And that's far better than a chocolate kiss, right?

No comments: