Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cake person.



Okay, so they're not Buttercup. But I was dying to bake something, anything--and so I decided to make these very healthy, no sugar added pear bran muffins from the Bob Greene Best Life Diet book. They're alright, but let's just say, after eating one, I am not itching for another one. Might as well, they have a lot of fiber and eating too many might lead to an unpleasant experience.

I have been aching to bake, so I watch Everyday Baking to make me feel better, and I dream about the day when I am making some of these:



I do know how to torture myself.

I emailed my friend Kristina, one of the Germans. She is now in Krakow for the semester, studying and living in Poland. It seems really far away right now. It's kind of crazy to think that it's nearly been three and a half months--the length of my trip--that I have been back. And how quickly the trip has slipped away to real life.

Kristina wrote me: "To say the truth I cannot imagine you sitting at a desk in a marketing company...for me you have your tennis shoes, your backpack, maybe the camera in your hand, and a cake in front of you."

What happened to that person?

No comments: