Monday, March 24, 2008

March Crummy-ness

FUN: My old high-school friend Chris came to visit me this weekend.
NOT FUN:
Chris brings me a bag of Easter-themed cookies. Her mom makes the most delicious cookies that everyone in my childhood would go crazy over--especially me. I haven't had one in years. It was so nice that she thought to bring some, but I couldn't eat one or I wouldn't be able to eat any desserts at my mom's house at Easter. That bummed me out--big time. (Dan ate one and claimed they weren't that good. He knows nothing. Then he ate another.)

FUN: Chris and I dine at the the festive Beyoglu
restaurant where we ate very yummy Mediterrean food.
NOT FUN: ...which would have tasted much more yummier with a glass of wine.


FUN: Dan and I went to NJ on Saturday where my mom made freshly baked brownies (the best!) and had ice cream on hand.

NOT FUN: I watched Dan eat it while I cried on the inside.


FUN: Easter brunch with the family. After eating Polish Ham galore, I finally ate my brownie and ice cream treat of the week and man, it was excellent.
NOT FUN: I wanted another one, but instead watched Dan take seconds, third, fourths...until he experienced shoulder pain.


FUN: Yesterday at work we had a going-away party for a co-worker.

NOT FUN: Buttercup cupcakes. Are these people trying to kill me?

No, I don't spend every minute of my day thinking about food, but this week-end was particularly hard. If it makes anything better, I am number one in both of Basketball March Madness pools.

Last week of March--gotta finish strong!


Me and Chris at the Natural History Museum.


Easter brunch: Lots of Polish Ham.


I'm pooped.

5 comments:

Courts! said...

Dan & his shoulder pain after eating too much - L. O. L.

Squeen said...

Lest Chris (or her mom) read this, let me assure the world: I'm downplaying the cookies in order to comfort our March fitness soldier.

Also, that photo of the Easter spread doesn't give justice to the amount of cured meat on the table -- I believe each of those trays had five different kinds of ham. And there's a dish of ham out of the frame, to the left of the first bowl of kielbasa. Yum.

Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Easter brunch looks so good! I had to work. Sucks to be me!

Annette said...

Sorry, I deleted a comment! I made a :( face without previewing and it ended up on 2 lines. Looked dumb.