Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Weekend

On Friday, I had another job interview in midtown (fingers crossed!), so afterward, I did a little clothes shopping at Anthropologie and walked down Fifth Avenue.


Day 13, 4/30/10, Fifth Avenue.


They were changing the window displays at Bergdorf Goodman so I watched these two woman paper mache bows and ornaments on this mannequin's dress.


Window at Bergdorf's.

On Saturday, my friend Danielle and I went to see a movie at the Tribeca Film Festival. We went to see Freakonomics, which is a documentary based on the best-selling book. There was a panel discussion with the filmmakers after the movie but it was so freakin' boring that we left early. It was a beautiful day, so we decided to walk home through Central Park.


I took a picture of Danielle using my Shake It iPhoto app, which makes all photos look like a Poloroid picture. (Thanks, Heather, for telling me about it). I go to the park often, but I usually stick to the big running loops. Today, we meandered through the small paths I don't walk too often.



Day 14, 5/1/10, Pond in Central Park

On Sunday, Dan and I went to our old neighborhood in the Upper West Side to look for sunglasses. There are a lot of used book sellers on the street selling the most random things. We wondered who actually buys these books?


Day 15, 5/2/10. Books for Sale.


It's funny to go glasses shopping with Dan because he can't see his face all that well, so he has to look in the mirror real close to see himself. He always asks me to come with him whenever he picks out new frames, but he hardly asks me for my opinion.


So many choices. What to do?

1 comment:

Ampelhead said...

Before I got contacts, I used to bring a digital camera. Chris would take photos of me in all of the options, and then I would look at them with my glasses on. We looked weird, but it worked.