Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I started my annual ritual of deep cleaning the apartment. I do it every spring, and I am feeling especially hardcore this year probably because our apartment looks like a disaster area (my fault). Yesterday, I emptied out all of my kitchen cabinets, scrubbed them, threw old food in the trash and filled the cabinets back up nice and neatly.

While all my glass cups were sitting on my counter, I thought, "Oh, I like how they are reflecting the light" and then I paused mid-cleaning to play with my camera a bit.

Dan was a little disappointed when he found out what my picture of the day was.

"Cups? From our home?" he said, stifling a yawn.

Inspiration can come from anywhere, I explained to him. I don't have to leave our apartment to take good pictures.

He doesn't believe me.

Maybe it is boring, but at least I had fun with it--right?



Day 12, 4/29/10

1 comment:

Willy The Prince said...

I took a still life in my house yesterday too - my perfume bottles. I also liked the way the sun was shining on them.