Monday, April 19, 2010

Socks!

On Sunday, my friend Heather gathered up little Drake and a gaggle of girlfriends (Collette, Jessica, Olivia and me) for an afternoon at Brooklyn Botanic Garden. At this time of year, the cherry blossoms go into full effect for only a few weeks, so even though it was a bit chilly, we bundled up to go see the pink blooms before it was too late.


Drake wasn't particularly impressed by the cherry blossoms. So in order to get him to smile in the pictures, we would say "SOCKS!" For some reason, that word makes him laugh.


Heather yelled SOCKS when she took this picture, so I guess it works on me, too.

In addition to catching up with the girls, I spent most of the time taking pictures and trying to remember how to use my camera again. Spring flowers are so pretty, aren't they?


There were lilacs...


and tulips...



and of course, loads of cherry blossoms.


Socks or no socks, there was definitely a lot of giggles along the way.


hee. hee.

1 comment:

Willy The Prince said...

I love this last picture of Drake. So cute.