Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Weekend, Part 2



Yvonne and I just saw the new Woody Allen movie, Midnight in Paris. Probably the best thing we'll see this year. Really, perfect. Not just because I closely identified with Owen Wilson's character (a friend of mine actually referred to it in describing my worldview -- and not as a compliment), but the jokes are all spot-on.

Adrien Brody as Salvador Dali is pretty fantastic, too. Dali in movies reminded me of the screenplay he wrote for a Marx Brothers movie: Giraffes on Horseback Salad. I can't find it online anywhere, but I remember reading some lines when it was on display at MoMA a few years back, and it's as insane as you might imagine, yet also funny (even though Groucho apparently didn't think so). This gives you an impression.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and see Midnight in Paris.

1 comment:

Ara said...

Dali is pretty awesome. His museum in Spain was quite awesome as well.