Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gluttony

It was Jason's birthday again tonight. I mean, it's been a year since he treated a bunch of us to a fancy lunch for his 30th (it was the day of the USA-England World Cup match), but it's crazy how the time flies. Tonight, we all went out to Commerce. Yvonne and I had the fried chicken appetizer as a prelude to the porterhouse steak for two. (If there'd been a side of pulled pork, I probably would've said yes to that, too; make it a trifecta). The waiter kinda upsold us on the porterhouse. Said it was IN-SANE. It's like he knew exactly who he was talking to. For the record, it was pretty darn good, but I've had insaner.

Yvonne and I were totally full -- we didn't even finish our creamed spinach -- so when we saw that the "birthday cake" dessert (exactly what it sounds like) comes in truly ridiculous portions, our decision was easy. Yes, please!

Happy birthday, Jason!

2 comments:

Susan said...

No pictures of the birthday cake dessert??

Yvonne said...

Sorry, I have been a bit lazy with my picture taking lately!