Sunday, June 19, 2011

Time out



I REALLY want to get a new camera lens. It is very expensive, and my husband thinks it's a bad idea.

"After the 365 project is over, you will will probably stop taking pictures," he said.

"No, I won't!"


"Yes, you will."

"No, I won't!"

Two months later, I have kind of stopped taking pictures.

Yesterday, I made blueberry crumble bars, and there is absolutely no evidence of it ever happening. Not one picture. Shocking, I know. One day later, there is no more cake in the house, which isn't as surprising.

Today it was a gorgeous summer day, and I was stuck home working. (Oh, in case you were wondering, on the very first day of
unemployment last month, I got a phone call about a new magazine job and a few days later, an email with this huge copywriting assignment.) I am grateful for all the work, but I admit, I started to feel incredibly depressed about spending this nice sunny day coming up with interesting ways to write about make-up brushes and wondering what's the point and asking myself if I will ever get to do anything interesting this summer.

To Dan's encouragement, I left my desk and went on a long walk, bringing my camera along. The sun was too hot and harsh, but it didn't matter. It was nice to come back.










I still want that stupid lens. Even if Dan is (sorta) right. I'll show him!

4 comments:

Squeen said...

I love being right. But I more love it when you go out and take pictures.

Especially of our future car.

Yvonne said...

If you give me permission to buy a lens, I will let you get the car.

David said...

Let's not forget that in one day, there was cake, Daniel, then no more cake.

Sadly, the car and the lens probably cost about the same.

Willy The Prince said...

What lens do you want?