Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Scene from Zachary's Restaurant

UPDATE: See Dan's comment.

VALERIE: So your brother is going to have a baby soon.


DAN: Yes, in another month.

VALERIE: That's so crazy!

DAN: I know, I am going to be the godfather.

VALERIE: So are you excited to buy the baby some new gifts and toys?

DAN: (waves his hand) The baby doesn't want presents from me.

VALERIE: But you're the godfather.

DAN: I don't know what to get a baby.

VALERIE: Maybe you could send them a framed picture of yourself. They can hang it up in the nursery.

YVONNE: And it can say "The Godfather" on the frame.

DAN: (thinks it over and slowly nods his head) Yes, that sounds like something the baby will need.

4 comments:

Willy The Prince said...

That's exactly what every baby needs!

Squeen said...

For the record, I don't think I said that the baby doesn't need presents from me. I think I said that I would be delegating gift purchases (of baby girl clothes). However, a "Godfather" picture frame is the sort of thing that I will take the lead on. Yes, that is something that must be selected with great care.

Yvonne said...

Dan's right. Forgive me for spreading lies in the sake of comedy.

Brett said...

I think I'd like a picture like that. I could put it over my bassinet.