Saturday, May 9, 2009

Trekkies

Adam got us tickets to see the new Star Trek movie on an IMAX screen. Ginormous screen. Pretty exciting stuff. The only catch was the only tickets he could get were for the Saturday 10 am show. All the other shows were already sold out (a week in advance!) Only in New York. I didn't even know that you could see a movie at 10 am.


This is what it looked like when we walked up to the theater at 9:20 am. Yeah, there was like a hundred people waiting in line. The theater wasn't even open yet. Have to say, GREAT place to pick up men since the audience was like 80% male. That is, if you are into that kind of Sci Fi lovin' man.


Here's our posse. Adam and Dan are Star Trek nerds (our Sci Fi lovin' men). Nell and I have never seen any of the Star Trek movies or any episodes of the tv show.

It was a GREAT movie. It was the perfect action movie. I would put it up there with Star Wars. Good-looking actors, interesting plot line, intense and satisfying action sequences, funny jokes, good character development, light on its feet, didn't take itself too seriously--just a good, good movie. I was surprised. I don't usually like action or Sci Fi or never had any interest in Star Trek. But I am a Trekkie now.

Afterwards, the four of us went out for lunch and then walked about the Central Park Zoo.

On the walk home, Dan noticed this street sign. It made us very happy. This picture is not doctored.


Live long and prosper.

1 comment:

Brett said...

This is perhaps the most jealous I have felt in my life.