Monday, April 6, 2009

Relapse

Today I did the thing I said I wouldn't do when I was unemployed.

I sat in front of the computer job-hunting all day and fretted about being unemployed. There's no reason why this happened. I actually had a few copy writing assignments in the last week, which means that I worked from home and made some money. But I fretted anyway. Combined with the rain outside, it made me feel bad about myself.

Dan got us free tickets to see While Torture is Wrong and The People Who Love Them at The Public. I saw Sigourney Weaver in the lobby, and when we took our seats, Dan asked me what I thought celebrities like Sigourney Weaver did when they came to shows. Did they just take their seats like everyone else or did they rush in as soon as the lights go down? We found out when she seated herself right next to Dan. She just took her seat like everyone else. Like other New Yorkers, we acted like we didn't know who she was although Dan could not stop smiling. There was another famous actress there who Dan didn't recognize and it's killing me because I can't remember her name or any movies I have seen her in. Dan thinks she is not a famous actress afterall. We both hated the show.

We came home and I ate two bowls of cereal and handfuls of nuts and a bunch of crackers with cheese slices. I was hungry but not that hungry. I haven't done that in a while. I don't know what happened to me today. I think it's time for bed. Start over tomorrow.

No comments: