Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is not working

As of Friday, I am officially unemployed and looking for more freelance work. It usually takes me a few weeks to find something new though with this economy who knows? [Cue in the doom and gloom music].

While it is nice to have some time off, in the past I haven't really taken advantage and spent the majority of my days obsessively job hunting on my computer for hours, which made me feel tense and depressed and worthless my entire time off until I found a new job.

There is something in my brain that says NOT THIS TIME. Yes, I do have to spend a portion of my day job hunting because I do have to pay my bills. But I will not obsess and I will not drive myself into a stupor of despair.

I absolutely must take advantage of this situation I am in. It's the first days of Spring and I am ready for a renewal. I have got time of my hands. Either you use it or lose it. I won't be losing it this time.

2 comments:

Dr. Emmie-poo said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!
Good for you!
Think of it like March Madness-you said it online, now you HAVE to do it!

Anonymous said...

Interview Tips

*Don’t come to the interview drunk and then proceed to pass out

*Don’t bring your mom, children or pets

*Tell your interviewer how you love to sing opera, then bust out signing acapella

*Don’t tell any racist jokes

*Do not submit an “Impossible is Nothing” type video resume (if you don’t know what we are talking about please Google it…it is quite entertaining)