Sunday, August 24, 2008

Going to the chapel


Liz and Julian.

The wedding season continues (and the big question that comes with it: "When is YOUR wedding?" Patience, people).

This time we celebrated the wedding of Liz and Julian. Liz is my stepfather's niece who currently lives in a drop-dead gorgeous house in Princeton and works at Meryl Lynch. She met Julian on St Patrick's Day on a blind date and it was, how we say, a lucky match. I was pleasantly surprised when Liz asked me to be a bridesmaid, and it was exciting to be part of their special day.


That's me, being all bridesmaid-y.

Some highlights of the day included:



Most of the day went off without a hitch, but the the couple's awesome vintage wheels they rented had to be jump-started in the middle of the photo-taking session. It was pretty funny.


My partner in the ceremonies was Julian's brother Wayne, who ended up being stuck with me for most of the day. I can't complain. He and his girlfriend Heidi are some of the coolest people I have met in a long time. I totally have a crush on both of them. Too bad they live all the way across the country in San Francisco.

My last post was all about finding passion in my work, and Heidi is the perfect example of what I am looking for. She was working in start-up dot.com companies and switched careers by launching one of the most popular food blogs out there: 101 cookbooks. She now makes a living out of cooking natural foods and photographing and writing about them. How cool is that?


Here's Wayne and me--a desperate reminder that we both need some dance lessons.


This dude, aka Albert Einstein, was an awesome dancer.


Dan couldn't believe that no one really noticed his white shoes (or at least they didn't say they noticed) so I am letting everyone know (if they didn't already) how awesome they were.


After an elaborate cocktail hour, appetizer, salad, dinner, wedding cake and a giant spread of desserts, they ended the night Polish-style with a plate of Polish goodies such as pierogi, kielbasi and stuffed cabbage. By this point of the evening, I was too full for any of it, but I think that when it comes to my wedding, I totally need some pierogi there. Just don't ask me when that will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN it happens, you'll be a lovely bride... and I will be a happy, relieved mother-in-law! (Unless, of course, you give up on the ditherer!)

Ara said...

How can you deny us full pictures of "Mr. I Like To Dress Up"???