Sunday, June 29, 2008

The funk.

I have been in a bit of a funk lately, hence the lack of blogging. What fun is to write about how depressed I feel?

I am not sure what stirred on this bad mood (I am trying to sort through it myself) but it was made worse because my day job went easy breezy to stress overload this week. A VIP--very important project--had me working like crazy all week, including Friday up until 9 at night, leaving me with zero energy or motivation to do much else this weekend but nap and be glum and watch movies.

One of the movies this weekend was The Diving Bell and The Butterfly, based on the true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, the former editor in chief of Elle magazine, who had a stroke that caused his body to be paralyzed. He wrote his memoir by communicating with a blinking left eye. Pretty incredible. And makes you feel like an ass for being depressed about anything. Things can always be worse.

1 comment:

Squeen said...

And if he can write by blinking, we can surely muster the creative force to focus on our projects, no?