Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer

"This has been a boring summer," I declared to Dan last week.

"What are you talking about?" Dan said. "This summer has been one of the best."

"How is it the best?"

"Well, there's been bird-watching and the CSA and the Greves came into town and the trip to the beach, and I don't know. It's been awesome."

"I feel like we haven't done anything or seen anybody."

"Not true."

"Well, why don't you blog about something?"

Pause.

"Because there is nothing to write about."

Folks--aside from bird-watching and the CSA and the Greves coming into town and the trip to the beach and a few nice dinners with family and friends (like the one I had last night with Meagan and Julie) and some memorable runs in the park--this has been a boring summer.

5 comments:

Jacey said...

Welcome to married life...maybe it's time to get knocked up so you have something to do. :)

Peter said...

Lol Jacey! You had a nice 4th of July! Jen and I will do the bike ride with you in September. I will email you a date.

Ara said...

Well we better get a full spread (pics and all) after the LA trip.

David said...

You've still got V-Town and the Dom to meet. Canf be all bad.

Yvonne said...

Believe me, we can't wait until our trip to California, but given that it is the last week of August, it means the end of summer!