Sunday, November 16, 2008

Book recommendation

Probably the best book I have read this year...Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal.

I picked it up at the library yesterday afternoon and just finished it tonight.

The book is an autobiography of an ordinary women. On the cover it says "I have not survived the odds. I have not lived to tell. I have not witnessed the extraordinary. This is my story."

Her life story is told in alphabetical order, encyclopedia-style, and is mostly random musings about things in life.

It is funny and witty and poignant and original and random in a good way. Absolutely brilliant. I finished this book wishing Amy was my best friend. Or that I had written this book myself.

1 comment:

Willy The Prince said...

Sounds great. I need a new book.