Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mornings

Let me share with you how I have been spending my mornings lately. Monday through Friday, I have been taking a boot camp workout class.


 I get there nice and early.


It is dark when the class starts, but since we're nearing the summer solstice, the sun comes up almost right away.

Three days a week, we work out on the grass near the rose garden in Palisades Park.


This is our track. We run around that thing as a warm-up.


This is our view.

At the rose garden, we lift weights, do squats and lunges, agility drills and the like. On Tuesdays, we go down to the actual beach and run in the sand. ("running" is a loose term here). On Thursdays, we run up big hills and climb steep staircases. Every class is different. I really like my instructor. He knows what he's doing, he kind of looks like Tom Cruise and he listens to heavy metal. You can't go wrong with that.


This has been my favorite part of California so far. I LOVE BOOT CAMP.

It's almost sad because when I am done with my workout at 6:30 am, I know the best part of my day is already over.

I have one more week to go out of my 4-week class, but I think I might sign up for another round.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I can't wait to visit and go to boot camp with you...how many times did I invite you in NY? Miss you!

Yvonne said...

I know - I wish I had gone.

Also note that these pictures were taken on a "bad weather day." When it's cloudy here, people think the weather is bad.

Yvonne said...

Please come visit me soon!