Monday, April 16, 2012

Green House

No more Flamingo, we're changing the name of our apartment to the GREEN HOUSE.

Room 1: Green!

Room 2: Greener!

Room 3: Greenest!

Room 4: BLUE!

After we painted our bedroom, Dan goes, "Not sure how I feel about the blue. Kind of wish it were green." We did not paint our bathroom, which is cream.



Coming from white-walled, no-paint-allowed apartments in New York City, having color on the walls is something new to me, and I am so in love.

The past two days, I have been visiting all the rooms in my house and basking in their prettiness. I remember when I was little my grandmother and mother used to do the same thing anytime they painted, bought new furniture or changed a room around. It always seemed so silly to me at the time, but now I completely understand.

I am so grateful for the help of my in-laws Susan and Henry who came down from Visalia for the weekend to help us paint, build some Ikea furniture, scrub the kitchen floor and treat us amazing dinners along the way. 

It was a lot of work, but it was all worth it! Our apartment feels more like a home. Now, we just have to get some furniture!

(Sorry for the crummy iPhone pics! It doesn't do the paint justice! You'll just have to come visit and see!)

1 comment:

Peter said...

I love it! Our cousin Larry is in a bankd called "3 Shades of Green":)