Sunday, October 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home


































Even though my New York trip was pretty fabulous, I could not wait to go back to NJ and spend time with my family. Ten months is the longest I have ever gone in my life without seeing them (I think the most I had gone before is three and a half months, when I went to Europe!)

Lots of stuff has happened in the home front--good and bad.

The good: My sister, Annette, is pregnant and expecting a baby girl in January!

The bad: We found out in September that my mom has uterine cancer. She underwent surgery at the end of the month and was in recovery when I went to visit.


























When I was there, we found out that the cancer is in the early stages. That is very promising news for a clean bill of health in the future! Mom was tired but in good spirits, and I was so happy to spend some time with her. It has been really difficult to be so far away from home during this time.





Annette had two days off from work, so she came over from Pennsylvania, and we had some good old fashioned "sisterly fun"--complete with cupcakes.

Annette, Jen and I hit Babys R Us to register for baby stuff. I couldn't get over how much stuff little ones need. Holy crap! (I think my sister is so cute pregnant!)














































I got to spend some time with my brother Pete and his wife Jen. Apparently Pete hasn't had a car for a while and has been biking and motorcycling everywhere. Hence the crazy outfit.  It was cold that day! (He did buy a new car that week to take him through winter).

Speaking of cold, the fluctuating weather did not agree with me, and I got sick half way through my trip. My mom fixed up this spa treatment to help me breath better.




























It was good to be back. I plan to return in February for my mom's birthday and to see the baby! (I don't want to go 10 months ever again!)

No comments: