Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas.

If you want to know what I do for Christmas, this is it. It never changes.

This year was different because:

My sister got stuck in Pennsylvania due to freezing rain and couldn't make it. So my mom had to make the fried shrimp.


Mom making fried shrimp. It came out pretty good. But I still missed Annette.

It was my grand-niece's Audrey's first Christmas. She's grown a lot since the last time I saw her.

Audrey and me.


Kasia (my mom's ultimate helper outer) and her family were a little late, so my stepbrother Martin and his wife Iza donned some aprons to help fry the fish. I think flowers are very becoming on Martin. As usual, Kasia had an apron on as soon as she walked through the door. She made the cheesecake this year.


Kasia's husband, Andrej with the king and queen of Poland. Maxim, the king, wasn't having it.


Dillon eats his borscht. I love a kid who eats his vegetables. He was more interested in the brownies than the presents.


Good thing my SIL Jen made some salad, otherwise there would be zero green on my dinner plate.

Since my mom was so delayed in getting home from New Orleans, she didn't have time to make Christmas cookies. We managed to get by--barely.


Santa was good to me this year and I finally got the pot of my dreams, the one I have been pining for for over a year, the Le Creuset Dutch Oven in my favorite color: YELLOW. I got the 5 quart version--I will probably upgrade to the next largest size. It's smaller than I thought it would be. (As always, I knew what I was getting this year.) Lots of good food to come!

No comments: